COTTONWOOD, Calif. - The Cottonwood Fire Department is investigating six new suspicious fires that broke out on Saturday morning within two miles of each other.
The department has now reported 21 suspicious fires in the past three months in Cottonwood, one of which killed an 85-year-old woman.
One fire was contained to a garage, two were contained to sheds and three were contained in vegetation.
The exact locations of the fires were not given by the department because the investigation is ongoing.
There have been no reports of injuries, and officials are investigating whether these fires may be related to other suspicious fires in the area.
The department is asking residents in the Cottonwood area to keep their gates locked and porch lights on. Surveillance cameras are also encouraged.
They are also asking for anyone with information on possible suspects to call the Major Crimes Unit at (530) 245-6135.
- Cottonwood Fire Department Investigates 6 New Suspicious Fires
- Authorities investigating 2 suspicious fires in Oroville
- Cottonwood Fire Death Being Investigated as Possible Homicide
- Fire burns five-acres in Cottonwood
- Chico Fire investigating "suspicious" fire at south campus area business
- Suspicious Death Investigation
- Suspicious Pillow ad investigation continues
- Firefighters working to knock down RV fire in Cottonwood
- Oroville Fire Department Investigating Fire at Koppers Inc. Plant