SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A Shasta County judge has sentenced a Cottonwood man to 30 years to life in prison following a conviction on rape and kidnapping charges.
The Shasta County District Attorney said that Xavier Block assaulted a woman in May of this year.
A jury found that he personally inflicted severe injuries to the woman due to the nature of the charges.
The District Attorney said that due to the nature of his charges, Block must serve his full term before being eligible for release.
- Cottonwood Man Receives Prison Sentence Following Rape and Kidnapping Charges
- Man sentenced to prison for rape of an intoxicated victim
- Man Sentenced for 2016 Kidnapping and Burglary
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Cottonwood man shot after starting a fight
- Wanted Butte County Man Arrested on Kidnapping, Rape Charges in Oregon
- Victim Identified in Cottonwood Housefire
- Sacramento County Man Receives Prison Sentence for Deadly DUI Hit and Run in Gridley
- Cottonwood Man Threatens to Kill Sister, Attacks Her: TCSO
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash