CORNING, Calif. - Police arrested a Corning woman for attempted murder on Sunday, Sept. 29.
21-year-old Dacoda Stewart left the Corning area in a car with an ex-boyfriend, police said. They drove to an area on Paskenta road near Red Bank Creek.
At that location, Stewart shot at the ex-boyfriend several times, hitting him at least twice, including once in the head, police said. Stewart then drove the victim back to Corning where witnesses called law enforcement and medical.
The victim was transported to Enloe Medical Center and is currently in stable condition.
Tehama County Sheriff’s Deputies and Corning Police Officers responded and detained Stewart.
District Attorney Investigators were called to the scene to assist with the investigation. Stewart admitted to investigators that she was trying to kill the victim, police said.
Stewart was arrested for attempted murder and booked into the Tehama County Jail. The investigation is continuing.
- Corning woman arrested, charged with attempted murder of ex-boyfriend
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Suspects in burglary, chase arrested on attempted murder charges
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Red Bluff woman arrested, accused of stabbing boyfriend to death
- Tehama County Woman Convicted of Attempted Murder
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Police: Girlfriend attempts to murder boyfriend by setting tent on fire
- Corning Women Arrested in Vacaville