CORNING, Calif. - Corning Police and the Tehama County Sheriff's Office are investigating a homicide on Marty Court in Corning.
The Tehama County Coroner's Office says 32-year-old Erik Deno, of Corning, has been arrested and booked into the Tehama County Jail.
He's suspected of killing a woman on Marty Court. Corning Police say they were dispatched to a home in the area for a welfare check on a woman and were unable to find her.
Officers entered the home and found Deno in a bedroom. Police say Deno became combative and was arrested. Shortly after, officers found the victim dead in the home.
The name of the woman killed will not be released until next of kin is notified.
Action News Now is working to learn more from Corning Police about the investigation at this time.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- Sheriff's Office: Asphyxiation Ruled Cause of Death in Corning Homicide Investigation
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Redding police arrest man in attempted homicide investigation
- Victim identified in Redding homicide investigation
- Recycling Plant Fire in Corning
- Corning Women Arrested in Vacaville
- Police are searching for a man after stabbing in Corning
- Corning man runs to police after attempted robbery