CORNING, Calif. - Corning Police say a suspect is behind bars for stabbing another man outside a downtown restaurant.
Police say Juan Carlos Hernandez, 38, and Alfredo Pureco Velasquez, 42, both of Corning were eating at La Hacienda Restaurant on Solano Street around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
Police say Velasquez approached Hernandez's table and punched him in the face, breaking his nose. Hernandez then reportedly followed Velasquez outside the restaurant and stabbed him in the chest and leg.
Emergency crews took Velasquez to Enloe Medical Center in Chico. He is expected to survive.
Hernandez was booked into Tehama County Jail on charges of aggravated assault and assault with a deadly weapon. Bail was set at $30,000. The circumstances surrounding the fight have not been released.
- Police arrest suspect in stabbing incident outside Corning restaurant
- Corning stabbing suspect on the loose
- Paradise Police arrest stabbing suspect
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Chico police respond to 2 stabbing incidents
- Redding police arrest Parkview stabbing suspect
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Police are searching for a man after stabbing in Corning
- Corning Women Arrested in Vacaville