Fire danger is not expected to be as severe today, but temperatures will be staying on the warm side across Northern California. Shifting winds, slightly higher humidity, and a very modest drop in temperatures are all expected to bring fire danger below warming levels this afternoon. Skies are clear for the start of your Friday and are expected to stay mostly sunny through this evening. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 50's to low 60's in the valley overnight, and into the 30's to 40's in the mountains. Winds are up to 10mph out of the Northeast this morning, but are expected to shift and become out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. Humidity has not recovered well overnight, but South winds should keep humidity above 15 percent this afternoon, which is an improvement from yesterday. Temperatures are projected to climb into the high 80's to mid 90's in the valley, and into the low to mid 80's in the mountains later today.
Slightly cooler conditions will be ahead for this weekend as we transition from summer to fall. Fall officially begins just after 6pm on Saturday evening. Valley areas are expected to end up in the high 80's to low 90's for both Saturday and Sunday, while mountain areas end up in the 70's to mid 80's. Another warming trend is projected to return to Northern California on Monday. High pressure building across the West Coast will result in elevated fire danger returning from the start to middle of next week.
- Cooling down for your weekend!
- Cool & Dry Tomorrow,Storm Approaches this Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend
- Rain, cool weather ahead for the weekend
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Warm Holiday Weekend With Slight Cool-Down Next Week
- Hot through the weekend, but cooling down next week!
- Cool, rainy weather continues!
- The Cooling Trend Has Arrived
- Cool, Sunny & Breezy Through Christmas