Cooler temperatures, scattered showers, lower snow levels, and a slight chance for afternoon thunderstorms are all ahead in your Friday forecast. Snow levels are expected to be as low as 2500' today. The majority of the shower activity has either tapered off or moved to the South. Lighter scattered showers look like our most likely impact today, with the bulk of those showers expected to occur in the higher elevations. Some clearing this afternoon could help to usher in the potential for thunderstorms in the valley later today. We'll be keeping a close eye on instability throughout the day. Temperatures have dipped into the high 30's to mid 40's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the high 20's to mid 30's. Conditions are much cooler than yesterday morning. Winds will be out of the South to 10mph. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low to mid 50's in the valley today, and into the mid 30's to low 40's in the mountains. Needless to say, today will be much cooler all around, but we could see some spurts of sunshine breaking through the clouds.
The next few mornings will be even cooler than this morning, but high temperatures will not change much. Saturday looks to be dry across Northern California. Showers will return to the region on Sunday, and could last into early Monday. Snow leels will be down to around 3000' with that system. The best chance for showers will be in the mountains on Monday. Another cool and wet system will then return to the region on Tuesday, and will have the potential to linger through Thursday. In short, you'll want to keep that umbrella handy, and use a warmer jacket for the next week.
- Cooler, with scattered rain and snow showers today
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Scattered showers continue this weekend
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Cooler with the chance for showers and thunderstorms today
- Rain & snow showers ahead for your Wednesday