The potential for record breaking temperatures came to an end over the weekend, and is not expected to return this week. Showers returned to portions of the mountains last night, and are continuing across the Sierra this morning. Snow levels are being reported down to 3000', but limited precipitation amounts should keep impacts minimal early today. That being said, mountain roads in the Sierra will may still be slick, and drivers are encouraged to give themselves extra time to get to where they're going today. Temperatures have dipped into the 30's to low 40's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 20's to 30's early today. Winds will be out of the North from 10 to 20mph. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low 60's in the valley this afternoon, and into the high 30's to low 50's in the mountains later today. Sierra showers should taper off by either late afternoon, or early this evening.
Clearing skies, and dry weather return to Northern California tonight. Winds are expected to continue into this evening, but should lose strength by Tuesday morning. Sunny skies, and slightly warmer temperatures are ahead for your Tuesday. Another cool and wet system will drop South from the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday, and that will bring another chance for mountain showers to Northern California. There will be a very slight potential for light showers in the Redding area, but the main emphasis of wet weather will be in the mountains. Temperatures will be on par with today on Wednesday. Clearing skies, and a modest warming trend will be ahead for the end of the week. Valley areas will end up back in the high 60's to low 70's on Friday, and will stay in that range on Saturday.
Sunday will be slightly cooler than Saturday, and the potential for more mountain showers will return. The Sunday system will also bring a better chance for showers to the valley, but it is a bit far out to project precipitation amounts with any level of certainty.
- Cooler, with mountain showers this week
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Cooler weather with showers this week!
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Mountain showers and much cooler conditions ahead for your Valentines Day
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Mountain showers tonight & A Red Flag Warning ahead for Saturday
- A nice warming trend & possible mountain showers to end 2017
- Mountain showers linger today, but pleasant weather is ahead
- Cloudy skies and a chance of mountain showers today