It's going to be a mostly mild day across Northern California, but a Red Flag Warning is ahead for Modoc County this afternoon and evening. Strong gusty winds, and low humidity will drive high fire danger in the Northeast corner of the state, and the Red Flag Warning is currently set to be in place from 2pm until 8pm today. The majority of Northern California will enjoy mild and cooler weather for today, but hazy skies will still be an issue. Smoke from current wildfires is leaving most of the valley and surrounding mountain areas in the moderate air quality range this morning, but Northern Shasta County and areas close to the Oregon border have unhealthy air quality for the start of your Thursday. We will more than likely continue to see the worst of the air quality in the far Northern zones of the state today. Temperatures have dipped into the high 50's to low 60's in the valley overnight, and into the 40's to low 50's in higher elevations. Hazy but mostly sunny skies are expected across our region through the day. Winds are starting out out of the East to around 5mph again this morning, but South winds will pick up to around 10mph later today. Humidity is projected to stay above 20 percent this afternoon, which is good news for fire danger. High temperature are projected to climb into the high 80's to low 90's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas are expected to top out in the mid 80's to around 90 degrees.
Slightly cooler temperatures are on tap for the end of the work week. Valley areas are projected to top out in the mid to high 80's on Friday afternoon. There will be a slight bump in high temperatures on the way for Saturday, but most portions of the valley will stay in the low 90's for Saturday afternoon. Another cooling trend is then expected to impact the region on Sunday, leaving valley areas back in the mid to high 80's. Dry weather and valley temperatures in the mid to high 80's are on the way for the better part of next week. Overnight low temperatures are also expected to dip into the mid to high 50's for almost every day of your extended forecast in the valley.
- Cooler temperatures & hazy skies are ahead for your Thursday
- Cooler temperatures & more thunderstorms ahead
- Strong winds & much cooler temperatures ahead for your Thursday
- Sunny skies & warmer temperatures ahead for Northern California
- Mild & hazy conditions are ahead for your weekend
- Getting cooler with cloudy skies today
- Stronger winds & warmer temperatures ahead for your Thursday
- Slightly cooler temperatures & elevated fire danger are ahead for Northern California
- Cooler temperatures & a Red Flag Warning are ahead for your Tuesday
- Sunny skies & a modest warming trend ahead