Chico, Calif.-- Mostly clear skies this morning as that dual-storm system stays relatively still in place over the eastern Pacific to our North.
We're already starting to cool down today - a little- but we're still seeing highs in the 90s.
That high pressure is shifting North, and as it weakens we're seeing some high clouds out there today.
Friday we'll see that low pressure center move in over the coast, pushing cooler air in off of the Pacific, out of the Northwest.
As it centers above the North Valley we could see a chance of showers in the Shasta-Trinity County area.
An upper-level low will head our way Monday, bringing with it a chance of rain across the region and keeping temperatures topping out in the 70s.
That's most likely Monday afternoon into Tuesday, and lasting across the Sierra into Wednesday afternoon.
Tuesday should be the coolest day next week as the upper low moves across the area - 50s and 60s in the mountains, 70s in the valley.
A ridge of high pressure begins to build by Wednesday, getting us back to more seasonable temperature for the second half of our work-week.
- Cooler Tomorrow With Chance of Rain Ahead
- Sunshine Tomorrow, Rain Ahead?
- Cooler temperatures & more thunderstorms ahead
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead
- More rain ahead!
- Wet & cooler conditions ahead for your Wednesday
- Seasonally Warm Today, Cooler Weekend Ahead
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Friday
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead