Fall officially begins just after 6pm on Saturday evening.
Fire danger is not expected to be as severe this weekend, as temperatures will drop about 5 or more degrees from the highs we've seen the last few days across Northern California. Shifting winds, slightly higher humidity, and a few clouds skirting our skies at times are all expected to bring fire danger below warming levels this last week. Temperatures are projected to climb into the high 80's to near 90 in the valley, and stay in the 60's and 70's in the mountains both Saturday and Sunday. There is even a slight chance of a brief passing sprinkle or two in the northern mountains this weekend. .
Another warming trend is projected to return to Northern California on Monday. High pressure building across the West Coast will result in elevated fire danger returning from the start to middle of next week. Temperatures next week may one again approach the triple digits at the northern end of the valley.
- Cooler Weather This Weekend
- Cooler This Weekend!
- Seasonally Warm Today, Cooler Weekend Ahead
- Getting cooler today, but warming up for Labor Day Weekend
- Cloudy, Cooler for Sunday
- Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Cooler temperatures & more thunderstorms ahead
- Wet & cooler conditions ahead for your Wednesday
- Wet & cooler weather returns late week
- Cooler, with mountain showers this week