It's going to be slightly cooler across Northern California today, but breezy North winds will keep fire danger elevated this afternoon. Most areas are a few degrees cooler than yesterday morning, and high temperatures will end up around 5 to 7 degrees cooler than yesterday. Valley areas have dipped into the mid 50's to low 60's overnight, and mountain areas are in the mid to high 30's for the start of your Wednesday. Skies are mostly clear, but some clouds will brush across our region today. There is a slight chance for showers in the Sierra this afternoon, but that mostly looks to be South and East of our area. The best chance for Sierra showers will be South of Plumas County. Winds are starting out of the Northeast to 10mph this morning, and will be out of the North to around 15mph this afternoon. There will be potential for gusts up to 20mph out of the North later today. High temperatures will end up in the high 70's to low 80's in the valley this afternoon, and in the mid 60's to low 70's in the mountains later today.
Not much is expected to change for your Thursday forecast. Temperatures and winds are expected to be in the same range, but we won't have as many clouds overhead. Temperatures do start to warm up again on Friday, and winds will become modestly stronger out of the North. The North winds will keep our area very dry, and will result in elevated fire danger through the weekend. High temperatures are expected to climb back into the mid 80's for the valley on Friday, and skies will be sunny. Temperatures will warm by a couple more degrees heading into the weekend. Sunny skies, with highs in the mid to high 80's are expected for the valley this weekend. No changes are projected for the start of next week.
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Cloudy skies and a chance of mountain showers today
- Cooler, with mountain showers this week
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Cloudy with a chance for showers today
- Warm & hazy with a chance of mountain t-storms today
- Mountain showers linger today, but pleasant weather is ahead
- Staying dry today, but mountain showers return tonight
- Cooler, with scattered rain and snow showers today