A chilly, rainy day for mid to late May as more rain moved in this afternoon. Temperatures remained 20+ degrees below normal with Valley highs staying mostly in the 50's to lower 60's. Expect rain to continue into this evening, heavy at times turning to showers overnight.
As for the mountains, the weather for you is really much more like winter than it is like Mid-to-late May. Rain in the mountains is changing over to snow somewhere around 6000 feet. Expect snow levels to lower a little bit overnight and heavy snow is expected. Chain controls are likely on some mountain passes and road closures are possible.
For all of us on Sunday after the main cold front passes through there will be some breaks and even some sunshine is possible at times. However, it will be short-lived as the low-pressure area behind the storm will be passing overhead. This will trigger more showers and possible thundershowers with small hail in the Valley and additional mountain snow. Sunday will also be quite chilly with highs in the Valley in the 50's to lower 60's.
Monday will be drier with a few showers still possible and cool. But another late season storm is coming in Monday night and into Tuesday!
- Cool, rainy weather continues!
- The cooling trend continues today
- Heat continues tomorrow, cool-down in store
- Hot Weather Today, Cooling Trend Ahead
- Rain, cool weather ahead for the weekend
- Recovery Center in Paradise Open Despite Rainy Weather
- Rainy weather drops attendance at Glenn County Fair
- Dry and Mild Weather Continues
- The Cooling Trend Has Arrived
- Cooling down for your weekend!