Chico, Calif.-- Cooler tomorrow with light showers early far north.
Breezy winds off and on early in the week, with elevated fire concerns.
Warming and dry mid week into next weekend.
As of this Sunday afternoon, a trough of low pressure is making it's way over the Pacific Northwest and pushing cold air into the
With it, some rain is continuing in the Northwestern parts of the state.
It's mostly just light showers and they'll move east into tomorrow, with the most rain over Shasta County mainly in the higher elevations, and likely less than 1/10 of an inch.
High ridges in the Sierra today will see some stronger winds today behind the storm.
It's about 5-10 degrees cooler today than yesterday so we're back to about normal for this time of year.
By the work week, the system moves southeast and winds will follow, with strong gusts in the valley tomorrow during the late morning and early afternoon with gusts up to 30 mph possible.
This plus winds in the Sierra mean dry conditions and heightened fire danger.
Perhaps some good news for Halloween - depending on how warm your costume is - high pressure off the coast will build and calm the winds and warm temperatures Wednesday.
We'll still see some winds out of the North, but much calmer.
The next big change won't be until a week out, when a system off the Pacific Northwest could bring some showers or at least cloudier skies.
- Cool & Breezy for the Start of the Work Week
- Chilly & breezy start to your work week
- Breezy & warm start to your work week
- Warm & Breezy Start to Your Work Week
- Cool, Sunny & Breezy Through Christmas
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool start to your work week
- Cooling Down For a Cloudier Work Week
- Staying wet & breezy to end your work week
- Some Rain Sunday and Breezy Week Ahead