CHICO, Calif. - A convicted felon from Stockton was pulled over during a traffic stop in Chico, where officers found a handgun and numerous drugs, according to Chico police.
The Street Crimes Unit was on duty on Saturday just after 7:30 p.m. when one of the officers pulled over a vehicle at the 1800 block of the Esplanade.
The driver known as Charles Bates, 39, of Stockton through records was found to have a felony warrant out of San Joaquin County, officials said.
Chico police say Bates had a loaded .44 caliber handgun and about 1.5 ounces of Methamphetamine and is barred from possessing firearms since he is a convicted felon.
He was arrested for being a felon in possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun in a vehicle, possession of ammunition by a prohibited person, transportation/sales of Methamphetamine and being armed while in possession of a controlled substance, officials said.
- Convicted Man Out of Stockton Arrested After Gun and Drug Bust: Chico PD
- Paradise PD arrest man for illegal gun and drug possession
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Oroville Police Arrest 2 After Drug Bust
- Two Arrested in Undercover Drug Bust
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Chico Man Arrested for Theft and Drugs
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons