Photo Gallery 3 Images
Chico, Calif.—Officers from the Chico Police Department responded to the Safeway on West Sacramento Avenue for a report of a shoplifter on Wednesday evening around 6:30.
The suspect stole merchandise from the store and was seen leaving in a stolen Chevy Silverado truck.
The truck was previously reported stolen.
As officers responded to the area and found the car pulling into the driveway of an apartment complex on Nord Avenue.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and the driver, Douglas Lejk was detained without incident.
Lejk is known to police for previous run-ins with the department.
A search of the truck found a stolen firearm.
The gun was stolen from a car burglary that happened in the city of Chico a month ago.
Police also found Lejk in possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia.
Lejk is a prior convicted felon and was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, receiving and possessing stolen property, felon in possession of a firearm, felon in possession of ammunition, possession of suspected heroin, and drug paraphernalia.
Lejk was booked inot Butte County Jail on all of the charges.
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- New law could allow convicted felons to serve on juries
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Glenn County Sheriff Arrests Drug Felon
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession