SHASTA AND TRINITY COUNTIES, Calif. - Now that the government is back open, prescribed burns can resume in the North State.
Shasta-Trinity National Forest workers will ignite several hundred acres of burn piles over the next three weeks.
The workers hope to catch up to all of the control burn work missed during the 35-day partial government shutdown.
They will post the exact date of ignition on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest social media pages.
- Prescribed Burns Resume in North State
- Buck prescribed burn project at Whiskeytown
- Prescribed Burn at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Prescribed burn planned for Siskiyou County
- Prescribed Burns Taking Place All This Week Near McCloud
- Debris removal resumes in Camp Fire burn scar
- Prescribed fire planned on Grindstone District
- Prescribed fire techniques taught to CSUC students
- Migrant Caravan Resumes March North From Mexico-Guatemala Border
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes