BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire-Butte County conducted a controlled burn in the Thermalito area Tuesday morning.
According to Cal Fire, firefighters started burning about 5 acres in the North Forebay Recreational Area at 9 a.m.
Their hope is to remove dry grasses immediately surrounding the fireworks launch area so the public “can enjoy a safe Independence Day celebration.’
Smoke will be visible during the morning hours in north Oroville close to Highway 70.
- Control Burn in the Thermalito Area
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Control Burn at Stumps Field
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Government Shutdown Halts Controlled Burns
- Control burn in Butte County
- Redding Fire Department Scheduled Controlled Burn for Buckeye Area