OROVILLE, Calif. - Cal Fire-Butte County will conduct a controlled burn Wednesday in the area of Loafer Creek, east of Lake Oroville.
According to Cal Fire, several areas of grass and oak woodland will be burning, totaling 112 acres.
Crews are burning the area to improve natural habitat, rangelands and to reduce future fire hazard.
Smoke from the burn will be visible in the Kelly Ridge and Greater Oroville areas of the burn, officials said.
The controlled burn began on Tuesday and will last until the end of Wednesday.
- Control Burn at Loafer Creek, East of Lake Oroville Wednesday
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- South Fire Contained in SPI Timberlands East of Lake Oroville
- Control Burn at Stumps Field
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Government Shutdown Halts Controlled Burns
- Seeing Smoke Near Oroville Airport? Training Burns Continue Thru Wednesday