BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Caltrans is advising motorists of heavy traffic delays on Highway 70, south of Oroville, due to construction work.
One-way traffic control will be in place at the intersection of Palermo and Welsch Roads and Highway 70 starting at 10 p.m. on Friday, July 12, and through 5 a.m. on Monday, July 15.
Caltrans said motorists should expect delays of up to one hour. Local residents should also expect Welsh Road and Palermo Road to be closed intermittently at Highway 70 throughout the weekend.
Motorists can use Highway 99 as an alternative route to avoid the delays.
The work is part of a safety project to widen Highway 70 between Ophir Road and Palermo.
- Construction to cause weekend traffic delays on Highway 70
- One-way traffic controls will cause delays on Highway 70 all weekend
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- Traffic alert: Construction causes 15-minute delays on Highway 299
- Highway 70 widening progress
- North State Construction Could Cause Traffic Delays
- Bear causes traffic delays on Highway 44
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- Construction to cause traffic delays on State Route 89
- Big Rig Crash Causing Traffic Delays on Highway 99