"Its gonna be double the size of our current clinic."
David Stockwell, Medical Center Director for the Veterans Affairs Northern California Division, says the new VA location in South Chico is going to be bigger and better than ever. "Forty-two thousand feet. The patient population has been growing in Chico."
Stockwell says, aside from the regular services the old VA on Cohasset offers, the new location will feature physical and occupation therapy, an eye clinic, chiropractic care, and so much more.
In recent years, the VA system has come under attack for things like long wait times and staffing shortages, among other things. Stockwell says those issues have been addressed, and that will reflect in the quality of care our North State veterans will receive.
He says, "Any veteran, any day can walk in, and that day, they can get primary care, and mental health care. Every veteran that walks in, unscheduled or not; if they need care, they're going to get it that day."
The new clinic is set to open in the spring.
- Construction progress on New Chico VA
- Progress of Redding construction projects
- Rebuilding progress in Paradise
- Construction underway at the Chico Skatepark
- Closure of Oro-Chico Highway for Construction
- Several Construction Projects Underway at Chico State
- Chico State makes progress on new physical science building
- Taking a Rare, Close-Up Look at Oroville Dam Construction Progress
- Construction begins on new skate park in Chico
- White House physician's VA nomination on hold