REDDING, Calif. - Construction is underway for a new pot shop coming to Redding.
Action News Now spoke to a man who works near the area where the shop will be located. He says he's okay with another pot shop coming to town if it means it'll generate more revenue for the city.
"Yeah, it certainly appears Redding has a growth variable going on," the employee told Action News Now. "I don't live in Redding, but every time I come it's always growing, especially this industrial area."
Other residents said they think any extra revenue is good for the community.
Construction on the thirty-thousand square foot pot dispensary has been in the works for nearly a year. The shop will be called "A Golden State" and it will be one of the first pot shops in Redding that will sell and grow marijuana.
"Cultivation is great," Redding Resident, Jacob Kramer said. "It's better if it was actually outdoors you know, actually organic, but indoors is good too, it will create jobs."
The shop will be located along Lockheed Road, across from the Redding Municipal Airport. The owners say they are state and city-licensed to operate and hope to open in spring 2020.
- Redding pot shop to sell and grow marijuana
- Butte County Marijuana Grow Laws Being Enforced
- Forest Service Restores Illegal Marijuana Grow Sites
- Liens placed on Butte County properties with pot grows
- Property Owners get Hefty Fines for Violating Pot Growing Ordinance
- Butte County law enforcement cracks down on pot grows
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest discusses hazardous pot grows
- Once pot friendly Northern California county bans marijuana
- Girl Scouts looking into cookie seller outside pot shop
- Man Arrested After Marijuana Grow Operation Bust in Oroville