North state Congressman Doug LaMalfa says he’s frustrated with the senate democrats who he says are trying to leverage government funding for an immigration plan.
The congressman made it pretty clear that DACA and the spending plan are two separate issues and with the new March 5th deadline set by the President, LaMalfa says there is time to talk about immigration.
As for the temporary funding plan, because a deal was not struck by midnight Friday the government went into partial shutdown.
LaMalfa says that he is disappointed that the senate democrats were willing to risk suspending military pay, which covers fuel, bullets, and other supplies to people on the front line.
LaMalfa says that Mitch McConnells agreement to give a vote on the DACA is just that, a vote, not a deal.
- Congressman LaMalfa responds to gov’t shutdown
- Congressman LaMalfa Responds to President's Threat to Withhold FEMA Funding
- One-on-one with Congressman Doug LaMalfa
- Congressman LaMalfa Reacts to Aanestad's Death
- Congressman LaMalfa Responds to President Trump's threat to withdraw wildfire federal funds
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa reacts to State of the Union Address
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa introduces High-Speed Refund Act
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa discusses gun control, mass-shootings in America
- Childhood friends make Congressman LaMalfa's military nomination list
- LaMalfa Talks on Agriculture Tariffs