Washington, D.C.--North State Congressman Doug LaMalfa was at the State of the Union Address. If you were watching closely he was in the aisle as the president walked in.
We spoke over the phone and Congressman LaMalfa said he's excited about the country's future following this speech.
He said President Trump was very upbeat, optimistic, and told the story of a rebounding of America from a year ago.
He said his proudest accomplish under the Trump administration so far is tax reform.
Because of it, he said here in the North State people will be able to keep more of what they earn and bonuses can start happening.
He recognizes that there is still more work to do, including infrastructure legislation that he plans on proposing later this year.
One thing he said he wishes he saw tonight was more bipartisan applauses on issues, that he believes, are positive for the country including the economy and military.
"Here we go america, we're on our way. We're bouncing back and these are things that affect positively all americans. It isn't broken down by race, socio-economic class, and again the president has delivered on the things he talked about a year ago," LaMalfa said.
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa reacts to State of the Union Address
- One-on-one with Congressman Doug LaMalfa
- Congressman LaMalfa Reacts to Aanestad's Death
- Doug LaMalfa Sworn Into House of Representatives
- Congressman LaMalfa responds to gov’t shutdown
- Doug LaMalfa Beats Audrey Denney in Congressional Race
- Congressman LaMalfa Responds to President's Threat to Withhold FEMA Funding
- LaMalfa Talks on Agriculture Tariffs
- Rep. Doug LaMalfa Speaks to Action News Now about 'Carr Fire'
- Train carrying Republican lawmakers hits truck in Virginia, Congressman LaMalfa uninjured