CHICO, Calif. - Hundreds of people came to Beth Israel in Chico as they gave out gift cards and coats to Camp Fire victims on Thursday.
The line before the doors opened stretched around the block.
Over 400 coats, as well as $10,000 in gift cards, were given out on Thursday.
"I think every faith-based organization in town is trying to do something and this really is our contribution," said Mike Richman, organizer of the event.
Even though they had a lot of items to give out it wasn't quite enough to reach everyone but many Camp Fire victims were making sure to take less than they could so the max amount of people could be helped.
"It is just amazing that everybody opens up to us and helps us out," said a group of Camp Fire survivors. "We were both business owners in Paradise and it is heartwarming to see so many people opening up."
- Congregation Beth Israel Gives To Hundreds of Camp Fire Survivors
- Fundraiser Saturday for Congregation Beth Israel in Chico
- Congregation Beth Israel Chico Holds Vigil for Pittsburgh Shooting Victims
- WATCH VIDEO -- Chico's Congregation Beth Israel Expresses Solidarity with Pittsburg PA
- Kosher deli lunch supports Congregation Beth Israel's Shul School in Chico
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Hundreds of Camp Fire survivors graduate in Paradise
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Erin Brockovich Meets with Camp Fire Survivors