OROVILLE, Calif. - Concow School is now temporarily in the Spring Valley location in Oroville after the Camp Fire made their original location unusable. The principal says the new location is in need of repairs and is asking for donations.
For years, the Spring Valley School remained closed, causing equipment to age and fall apart. In December, the Concow School moved in.
A parent we spoke with said a kitchen and playground are among the things needed for the school.
The campus' air conditioner is from more than five decades ago with sprinklers spraying the unit to cool the air. Principal Josh Peete said he hopes to have the unit replaced soon.
Peete said he does not know how long they will be at the Pentz Road campus and with the school district so small, he needs help with donations to improve the campus.
"We don't know how long we're going to be here for, but for now, while we're here I think these kids deserve the same as what Paradise kids have going on," said Peete.
Peete said he will be talking to the school board in the Spring, asking when he and his school could go back to Concow.
To donate to the school, CLICK HERE.
- Concow School works to get repairs at temporary location in Oroville
- Campground clean-up in Concow
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- Oroville Meeting Thursday about Proposed Temporary Debris Removal Facility
- Oroville City Council Votes on Water Rate Hikes, Temporary Housing
- Concow Elementary School gets new look with help from community
- Investigations continue in Concow puppy mill case
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire
- 10-Acre Fire Burning in Concow, Prompts Evacuations