CONCOW, Calif. - A fire destroyed a home and burned about a half-acre of nearby vegetation in Concow on Sunday morning. The home was in the 13000 block of Surcease Mine Road, and the incident is called the Surcease Fire.
Officials from the CAL FIRE Butte Unit said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Responders included CAL FIRE, Butte County Fire, PG&E, the California Conservation Corps, Tahoe National Forest, the Butte Creek Canyon Volunteer Company and the Cherokee Volunteer Company.
The fire was reported at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30.
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed, Vegetation Fire Quickly Contained
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire
- Vegetation Fire Contained in South Chico
- Chico Fire Quickly Contains Diesel Spill
- Vegetation Fire Quickly Knocked Down by Butte Co. Firefighters
- Firefighters Contain Small Vegetation Fire in Shasta Lake
- UPDATE 2 acre brush fire burns structure in Concow, fire ‘well contained’
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained
- Investigators Find Remains at Site of Concow Mobile Home Fire