CHICO, Calif. - Chico city officials held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new downtown roundabout on Friday.
The roundabout is located on E.1st and 2nd Streets near flume street.
The project features a landscape piece of art that says Welcome to downtown Chico.
City officials hope the roundabout is that it will improve safety for everyone entering that busy part of the city.
"Now when visitors and residents visit downtown Chico which is the heart and soul of our beautiful city, they get to experience...a safer passage through and to the downtown area," said Vice Mayor Alex Brown.
The city has other roundabout projects on the way.
The biggest one will be in north Chico off of Eaton Road, where officials hope that project will ease traffic congestions.
- Completed downtown roundabout project hints at what is to come for future construction plans
- New Proposed Roundabout Construction
- Roundabout project proposed in north Chico
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- Progress of Redding construction projects
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Future engineers explore construction at Turtle Bay
- Future development plans in Paradise
- Chico Roundabout Beautification May Delay Some Drivers