Community Members in the town of Gilroy came together to raise money for the victims of the Garlic Festival mass shooting.
Organizers of the fundraiser said the community has come together in the past few weeks since the July shooting that left three people dead and 13 others injured.
The money raised will go to those who are still recovering to help them with rent and medical bills.
Shadi Strand, organizer of the fundraiser said the support from the community and people that are not in the community was amazing.
"It's been amazing to see all sorts of people coming together just helping," Strand said. You know businesses, it's just blowing us away with how much support we've gotten so far."
Organizers have adopted the motto "Gilroy Strong" to continue to lift up the community.
To read about the Garlic Festival mass shooting, CLICK HERE
- Community members raise money for victims of Garlic Festival shooting
- California garlic festival gunman killed himself
- Local breweries collaborate to raise money for Carr Fire victims
- Michigan Breweries Sell Resilience Butte Strong IPA to Raise Money for Camp Fire Victims
- Multiple people hurt in festival shooting
- Cherry Street shooting victim identified
- Christmas Day shooting victim identified
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- One of the Santa Fe Shooting Victims was Raised in the North State