BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - As of Thursday, Honey Run Covered Bridge Association has raised $100,000 toward its rebuild fund.
In an update on the group's Facebook page, it announced that it raised the money in five weeks.
Approzimately $46,000 was raised from Rebuild HRCB fundraisers and $54,000 was raised in direct donations to the HRBCA.
The association's goal is to raise $500,000 which puts them at about a fifth of the way there.
The association answered frequently asked questions on its Facebook page regarding the bridge, including questions about when the bridge will be rebuilt.
Right now, there is not an officially engineered design created for the rebuilding of the bridge, however, plans at this point consist of recreating the original blueprints.
Estimates for the cost of the bridge are around $1 million to $3.5 million. Part of that cost will be covered by grant money.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Photo credit: Rebuild the Honey Run Covered Bridge Facebook Page
- Community Raises $100,000 to Rebuild Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Honey Run Covered Bridge Association receives offer to rebuild
- 53rd Annual Pancake Breakfast Held at Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Organizers Looking for Donations to Repair Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Last Distribution Batch for Honey Run Covered Bridge Ornaments
- Annual pancake breakfast returns to Honey Run Covered Bridge site
- Couple donates last piece of Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Local Artists Raise Money to Rebuild Covered Bridge
- Classic car club to honor burned cars, Honey Run Covered Bridge
- 6 months after the Camp Fire: Rebuilding the covered bridge