REDDING, Calif. - North State business and community leaders met in Redding Thursday for the 19th annual Economic Forecast Conference.
Speakers talked about the importance of bringing together industry and education.
Organizers say we're getting ready to see the largest wave of retirees, which will lead to a huge gap in the workforce so business leaders need to focus on finding ways to retain and attract the next generation of workforce and entrepreneurs.
"A lot of them have innovative ideas," said Event Organizer Courtney Farrell. "They're keen, organized and interested in technology. So it's very critical and it's important for them to live and work in our community so that we can continue to sustain and have an economy."
The event is put on by Chico State's Center for Economic Development.
Thursday was the first time it's been held in Redding. Organizers say it's a way to support the university's message of serving all the counties throughout the North State.
- Community Leaders Meet for Annual Economic Forecast Conference
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- Cal Fire Set to Hold Press Conference and Community Meeting for Carr Fire
- Oroville Camp Fire Community Meetings
- Camp Fire: Upcoming Community Meetings
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo
- Camp Fire Community Meeting Thursday Night
- Community Meeting Held for Magalia Residents
- Chico Leaders React to Tense City Council Meeting
- Chico community leaders team up to stop shoplifting