COLUSA, Calif - A Colusa man has been ordered to pay a hefty fine after pleading guilty to illegally killing migratory birds, late last year.
Back in October of 2017, 76-year-old Ronald Simmons and a friend shot and killed 16 wood ducks over a cornfield at Butte Creek Farms.
Simmons admitted to baiting the field with corn kernels to attract the ducks.
Baiting the ducks violated the "Migratory Bird Treaty Act" which says it is illegal to hunt migratory birds using bait.
Simmons now has to pay a $7,500 fine.
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds
- Salvador Garcia pleads not guilty in murder of Colusa County woman
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Two Dead After Colusa Plane Crash
- Willows Man Dies After Car Overturns on Glenn-Colusa Canal
- Oroville serial rapist pleads guilty
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman
- Colusa County coroner identifies 2 killed in crash on I-5, near Williams
- Backyard Bird Feeders and Valentines
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say