COLUSA, Calif - A Colusa man has been ordered to pay a hefty fine after pleading guilty to illegally killing migratory birds, late last year.
Back in October of 2017, 76-year-old Ronald Simmons and a friend shot and killed 16 wood ducks over a cornfield at Butte Creek Farms.
Simmons admitted to baiting the field with corn kernels to attract the ducks.
Baiting the ducks violated the "Migratory Bird Treaty Act" which says it is illegal to hunt migratory birds using bait.
Simmons now has to pay a $7,500 fine.
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Willows Man Dies After Car Overturns on Glenn-Colusa Canal
- Backyard Bird Feeders and Valentines
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman
- Oroville man pleads guilty in Highway 70 crash that killed 2
- Man Pleads Guilty to 2015 Murder of 6-Year-Old Girl
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County
- Boy Trampled by Horse at Colusa County Parade