Now in Colusa County, we are learning new details Monday morning about a disturbing double murder. Last week, the bodies of two women were found at an Arbuckle property: one in a freezer, the other in a pond.
Now we've learned that the two victims, and the accused killer, all lived together.
Hidden from sight by rows of almond trees, and nearly a quarter of a mile from the nearest paved road.
This is where Colusa County Sheriff's deputies said 49 year old Martin Ehrke murdered two women.
Investigators said the two women lived at the house along with Ehrke and others. A roommate of the victims called 9-1-1 from the home early Thursday morning to report suspicious circumstances and their disappearance.
When investigators first showed up they found one of the victims in a chest freezer in a separate residence attached to the house.
That victim has been identified as 39 year old Kimberly Taylor
The dive team later checked a large pond on the property and found 25 year old Jessica Mazak’s body submerged.
Detectives found an illegal marijuana grow and narcotics on the property. We also found all three have drug offenses in their history.
Investigators said the suspect left the home on Wednesday evening and was checked into the Colusa Medical Center but didn't say what he was being treated for.
After he was released he was found at another location in Colusa where he was arrested.
Before leaving the courthouse in Colusa, Ehrke was ordered to be held without bond and given a public defender.
Ehrke will be back in court next month to enter a plea to the murder charges.
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say
- Friends of murdered Colusa woman react to suspected killer's arrest
- Man accused of murdering Colusa County woman appears in court
- Search for murder suspect in Colusa County, missing woman's body found
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Stanislaus authorities searching for murder suspect
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Two Dead After Colusa Plane Crash
- Salvador Garcia pleads not guilty in murder of Colusa County woman
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds