The man who confessed to a cold case murder in Shasta County was back in court today.
Brian Hawkins wanted to enter a guilty plea for the murder of 19-year-old Frank Mcalister in Shingletown in 1993.
However, a judge refused to accept the plea until Hawkins met with a court appointed attorney.
The attorney was in court with him today and requested more time before entering a plea.
Hawkins will be back in court February 8th.
His alledged accomplices in the crime siblings Curtis and Shanna Culver are due back in court that day as well.
- Cold case murder suspect back in court
- 1993 cold case murder suspects back in court.
- Oroville murder suspect back in court
- Redding cold case murder suspects arrested after six years
- Suspect Mugshots in 1993 Cold Case Confession
- Suspect in kidnapping case in court today
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Oroville murder suspect appeared in court Thursday
- Suspected Golden State Killer Back in Court
- Butte County Sheriff's Office arrests suspect in 1991 cold case murder