COHASSET, Calif. - People living in the town of Cohasset are getting ready for wildfire season.
Similar to Paradise, Cohasset is a mountain town with one primary road in and out. One woman who has lived in Cohasset for more than 45 years says recent "mega fires" have gotten her attention.
Now, she's taking steps to get her property ready for wildfire season.
"If we have a scenario like Paradise, then it would be extremely scary," said Trish Puterbaugh. "What happened in Paradise was very unusual. And we can't really prepare for that completely. You can't cut every tree down in this forest. We don't want to live here without trees We do the best we can, and you leave early, you don't wait."
CAL FIRE recently hosted an evacuation drill for the people of Cohasset.
The agency told the community they would work to keep Cohasset Road open, no matter what.
For more information on how to prepare for wildfire season, CLICK HERE.
- Cohasset gears up for wildfire season
- Cohasset Evacuation Drill
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- PG&E Finds Bullet-Riddled Gear Near Wildfire
- Volunteers clean up trash on Cohasset Road
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Busts Drug Lab in Cohasset
- Chico Fire Department Contains Structure Fire on Cohasset
- CAL FIRE extinguishes escaped controlled burn in Cohasset
- Cal Fire Gears up for Busy Fire Season