UPDATED: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:15 p.m.
CHICO, CALIF. - Lanes will be closed on both sides of Cohasset Road between Eaton Avenue and East Avenue for the next three days, said a representative from Knife River Construction of Chico. It is part of hte $1.5 million road project designed to smooth out the bumpy transportation corridor than connects Chico to the airport and industrial area at the north end of the city.
On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 the #2 lanes (next to the sidewalk) will be closed in both directions. On Thursday they will do work on the inside (#1) lanes. On Friday they will close the middle "chicken" lanes and the intersections.
The work will be done between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 or 6:00 each evening.
Traffic on Cohasset Road will be slow for the next three days to the lane closures, but there will not be major stoppages. Of more concern is the traffic from the sidestreets, especially Lassen Avenue. It is suggested drivers use detours if they need to cross Cohasset Road between East Avenue and Eaton Road during the next three days.
The project is being paid for through gas taxes as part of SB-1.
Earlier this week the sidewalks have been upgraded and better ramps have been added at intersections.
CHICO, CALIF. - Cohasset Road in Chico is about to have a major overhaul.
The stretch of roadway between Eaton Road and East Avenue that is riddled with pot holes.
Road work to this area will begin Monday.
The project is Chico’s first as part of SB1, the gas tax road rehabilitation project.
Knife River Construction will begin concrete work associated with the upgrading sidewalk ramps at various intersections.
They will also be installing minor sewer and storm drainage improvements and the lowering of manhole covers to prepare for repaving.
City Officials say to expect delays on that stretch of Cohasset during work on the 1.5 million dollar project.
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays
- Volunteers clean up trash on Cohasset Road
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Road Construction at the City of Shasta Lake, Expect Delays
- Road Work on SR 299 to Cause Delays
- Delays Expected on Skyway for Guardrail Replacement
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Busts Drug Lab in Cohasset
- Chico Fire Department Contains Structure Fire on Cohasset
- Road Rehabilitation Project Begins on Highway 36 in Red Bluff, Delays Expected
- UPDATE: Expect Chico traffic delays due to train trestle repairs