The warming trend is beginning to look less impressive as we head into your weekend forecast, but slow but sure warming is on the way in your extended forecast. Cloudy skies have returned to Northern California overnight as tropical storm Fabio feeds monsoonal moisture tracks North into our area today. There will be a chance for light showers across our region today, with the best chance for light showers in the Sierra. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 60's overnight in the valley, and into the 40's to 50's overnight in the mountains. Winds will be out of the North to around 10mph today, but will shift to become out of the South again tonight. Humidity is expected to dip to between 15 to 30 percent again this afternoon, so it will still be fairly dry despite the increase in clouds. High temperatures are projected to top out in the low 90's in the valley this afternoon, and in the 70's to 80's in the mountains.
Skies are expected to clear out late tonight into early Saturday, and that will leave the region with sunny skies for your weekend. Temperatures are going to warm by a few degrees over the next few days, but the warming trend is not expected to be much more subtle than earlier models were projecting. Most of the valley will end up in the mid 90's with sunny skies on Saturday, and mid to high 90's with sunny skies on Sunday. Mountain areas will mostly range from the high 70's to low 90's through the weekend.
The warming trend will continue next week. Temperatures will end up in the mid to high 90's on Monday, and will then climb into the high 90's to low triple digits from Tuesday through Thursday. There will be a chance for showers and thunderstorms returning to Northern California some time between the middle to end of next weeks forecast.
- Cloudy skies and a chance of mountain showers today
- Cloudy with a chance for showers today
- Getting cooler with cloudy skies today
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Staying breezy with some mountain showers today
- Showers & a chance for more thunderstorms today
- Showers & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today
- Warm & hazy with a chance of mountain t-storms today