The City of Redding will replace the water main on Railroad Avenue between Sheridan Street and Grandview Avenue.
The project involves the replacement of almost 9,000 feet of old undersized water main and the associated water services and fire hydrants in the Railroad area.
The project construction will start on February 12th and is expected to be completed by June 2018.
The majority of the work will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
During work hours portions of Railroad Avenue and adjoining streets may be subject to traffic control.
The City of Redding advises all motorists to drive with caution when approaching the area or avoid if possible.
- City of Redding replaces water main
- City of Redding Replacing Sewer Mains
- Cal Water to begin water main replacement in Chico
- UPDATE: Redding water main breaks, traffic diverted
- Busted water main slows traffic in Chico
- Pickup truck stuck in sinkhole after water main break
- Redding City Council discusses property sales, new developments, replacing soccer field
- Paradise receives replacement flags
- People in Redding cautiously optimistic for development replacing parking structure
- Red Bluff issues immediate water conservation