CHICO, Calif. - The Chico City Council rejected an appeal for the Simplicity Village project.
The tiny house project aims to provide homeless and vulnerable seniors with affordable homes.
A location for the design was placed on Notre Dame Boulevard and Morrow Lane in South Chico in July of 2018.
Simplicity Village will house homeless people who are 55 and older, this includes people who have disabilities.
A neighboring property owner put forward the request saying the project did not classify as a "temporary emergency facility".
The project will move forward.
To learn more about the homes, CLICK HERE.
- City Council rejects appeal for Chico's Simplicity Village
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- People react to rejected appeal against Chico's 'Simplicity Village'
- Chico City Council to Consider Proposal for Simplicity Village
- Simplicity Village Secures Land in Chico
- CHAT raises funds for Simplicity Village project
- Simplicity Village tiny house project keeps moving forward
- Chico City Council approvals
- Council rejects mayoral vote reconsideration
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner