CHICO, Calif. - North Valley Waste Management notified the city of Chico on Tuesday, July 31, that the composting facility is at full capacity and will be closing.
In order to remain in compliance with the State regulatory permit, Waste Management informed the city that it will need to close the compost facility to commercial customers on August 3, until further notice.
The city is working with the Local Enforcement Agency to see if a temporary exception can be granted in order to continue providing access to the public until materials can be moved off site.
In the meantime, landscapers are encouraged to use their customer's green waste recycling containers. Other options for recycling of yard waste for landscapers and other commercial users include:
- Old Durham Wood located at 1156 Oro-Chico Highway, Durham
- Recology Butte Colusa County Facility located at 2720 S. 5th Avenue, Oroville
- City Compost Facility is Temporarily Closed due to Full Capacity
- Max Capacity at Chico Compost Facility Causes Temporary Closure
- Post Offices Temporarily Close Due to Carr Fire
- Airport Road Temporarily Closed due to Car Crash in Redding
- 5th Street Bridge to temporarily close Sunday
- Rollover crash temporarily closes Pentz Road
- Judge blocks California's high-capacity ammunition ban
- Redding Police Department lobby temporarily closed on Fridays
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Diesel spill temporarily closes Cypress Ave. in Redding