Bedrock Park in Oroville is in a troubling condition.
Angry residents reported dirty needles and drugs on the ground. Action News Now watched the city kick-off its clean-up of the area, starting with the bleachers, on Tuesday.
City representatives say they discovered over 50 needles and stolen items underneath the structure.
The city says it plans to also bring in new trees and picnic benches. Today's tear-down is all part of a bigger effort, to make the park more accessible to families.
The city of Oroville continues to grapple with a lack of funding and says it hopes the community will offer help with patrols and park adoptions.
- City Crackdown on Bedrock Park
- Authorities Search for Possible Arson Suspect from Oroville Bedrock Park
- State Laws Affect Citywide Crackdown
- South City Park Community Meeting
- Nearly 50 arrested in Northern California gang crackdown
- Sacramento gang crackdown brings 29 arrests, 211 seized guns
- City of Redding purchases Magnolia Park
- Newly renovated park opens in the City of Orland
- City of Redding completes purchase of Magnolia Park
- Chico City Council to Discuss Bidwell Park Changes