CHICO, Calif. - Hundreds of people ran with the law Saturday morning at Chico's Bidwell Park.
The Butte County Correctional Officers Association and Sheriff Kory Honea hosted the 5K race.
All of the money raised will go to support public safety workers affected by the Camp Fire.
Runners were excited to help out. One person remembered how law enforcement supported them in November, and wanted to return the favor.
John Souza works for the Butte County Sheriff's Office. Souza said, "I've been working wit the Sheriff's Office for a long time. It's nice to see them do something for the community, something special.
Sheriff Honea worked up a sweat himself during the race. He was among the pack of runners, which included law enforcement and regular citizens.
Afterwards everyone chowed down on a big pancake breakfast.
- Citizens join law enforcement for Chico 5K run
- Chico Fire Citizens' Academy
- Chico Business Hosts Luncheon with Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Oversight?
- Butte County to host Run with the Law 5k race in Chico
- Chico Running Club Hosts New Year's Day 5K
- Law enforcement comes together for Special Olympics Torch Run
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race
- Chico Fire Department Citizens' Fire Academy
- Citizen volunteers tackle trash in Chico