Photo Gallery 3 Images
CHICO, Calif. – A group called Citizens for a Safe Chico has set up a website for their efforts and are asking people to sign up for emails from their group. There are currently ten members in the group that has been operating for approximately two months.
Organizer Teri DuBose said she started the group in order to fight the “decline in the quality of civic life in Chico.”
DuBose calls the group a Political Action Committee that is non-partisan. She said the group is composed of Republicans, Democrats and Independents that believe in compassion, accountability and action.
She said the group supports smart transitional housing solutions, drug treatment and mental help services so people can have a hand up instead of a hand out. Dubos said group members do not believe it is compassionate to let people live in unsanitary conditions and die on the street.
Dubose was born and raised in Chico. She was interviewed by Action News Now near Humboldt Road at a site the group has identified as a problem area, full of trash and unsafe for the homeless people living there.
You can CLICK THIS LINK to find out more about the group, Citizens for a Safe Chico.
- Citizens for a Safe Chico disturbed by trash in creek
- Citizen volunteers tackle trash in Chico
- Chico Fire Citizens' Academy
- Chico Police respond to domestic disturbance
- Chico community watch volunteers clean trash
- Chico residents outraged with trash overflow
- Chico Fire Department Citizens' Fire Academy
- Chico Police Department hosts citizens' police academy
- St. Elizabeth's trailer trashed
- Little Chico Creek students donate $1,500 to Chico Animal Shelter