BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.-
Butte County Sheriff’s deputies have a man in custody for kidnapping, and other charges, thanks to some help from a citizen.
Around 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon, deputies say they tried to pull over a car for running a stop sign on Oro Bangor Highway. The car sped off, and a chase ensued.
The deputies say that after a short pursuit, the driver lost control of his car and got out to start running. However, he was spotted by a nearby citizen, who jumped into action, managing to detain the suspect. Deputies say they were then able to take the suspect into custody. He was identified as Oliver Anderson and had two felony warrants out for his arrest.
Anderson now faces new charges of evading and resisting officers.
He was also charged with kidnapping, after allegedly holding a female in the car against her will during the chase.
- Citizen Assists Butte County Sheriff's Deputies in Kidnapping Arrest
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Butte County deputy hospitalized after traffic stop
- Butte County Sheriff Arrests Three in Connection to Multiple Burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff makes 12 arrests in burglary investigation
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop