LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Church of Scientology is about to get its own television channel starting Monday.
A Twitter handle, website and app for Scientology TV appeared Sunday posting updates to hype the network's availability on DIRECTV, AppleTV, Roku, fireTV, Chromecast, iTunes and Google Play.
A tweet Sunday from the ScientologyTV account says, "It's time for us to tell our story."
Scientology has been the subject of a handful of high-profile projects investigating its alleged abuses of former members including Leah Remini's A&E docuseries "Scientology and the Aftermath" and Alex Gibney's Emmy-winning documentary, "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief."
The website scientology.tv says the Scientology Network will debut on at 8 p.m. eastern on Monday although it was not made clear what kind of programming the network will feature.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Church of Scientology readies to launch a TV Network
- Apple launches new TV app in over 100 countries
- Rescan your TV
- Chico restaurants featured on Food Network
- Ready For Wildfire
- North State Women's Health Network holds 5th annual celebration Saturday
- Food Network star will pick the 'perfect pairing'
- Score big Super Bowl TV deals
- PG&E launches weather awareness website
- Body found near Chico church