LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Church of Scientology is about to get its own television channel starting Monday.
A Twitter handle, website and app for Scientology TV appeared Sunday posting updates to hype the network's availability on DIRECTV, AppleTV, Roku, fireTV, Chromecast, iTunes and Google Play.
A tweet Sunday from the ScientologyTV account says, "It's time for us to tell our story."
Scientology has been the subject of a handful of high-profile projects investigating its alleged abuses of former members including Leah Remini's A&E docuseries "Scientology and the Aftermath" and Alex Gibney's Emmy-winning documentary, "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief."
The website scientology.tv says the Scientology Network will debut on at 8 p.m. eastern on Monday although it was not made clear what kind of programming the network will feature.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Church of Scientology readies to launch a TV Network
- Ready For Wildfire
- Score big Super Bowl TV deals
- Butte Search & Rescue Launches Capital Campaign
- BCSO Launches New Online Tool, "Citizen Rims"
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Launch Fundraiser
- Paradise Irrigation District Launches Drive-Thru Service
- Shasta County growing destination for TV and filmmakers
- Redding ‘State Farm’ agent appears on national TV ad
- TV Antenna Users Need to Rescan KHSL on Monday Morning