CHICO, Calif. - 200 people turned out Thursday evening for a Camp Fire Firefighter Appreciation Dinner in Chico.
One of the messages they heard was a videotaped Thank You from Action Star and Martial Arts Expert Chuck Norris, who called them heroes.
The message brought a round of applause.
Several volunteers and businesses joined forces to host the dinner, including Broadway Pawn Owner Teri DuBose, The Palms Owner Rabina Kahn, Northern California National Bank, The Terraces and Interstate Oil among others. The event was held at The Palms.
Assemblyman James Gallager and State Senator Jim Nielsen were among the speakers who expressed appreciation for the life-saving efforts of firefighters during the deadly fire.
Representatives from the Paradise Town Council, Chico City Council and Butte County Supervisors were also on hand.
In addition to dinner, the firefighters also received handmade quilts delivered to the Annie's Star Quilt Guild, made by quilters across the country.
Appreciation dinners are also planned for police, teachers and nurses.
- Chuck Norris Thanks Firefighters
- Chuck Reynolds Releases Statement Following Discovery of Arrest Record
- Chuck Reynolds Defeats Janet Goodson in Oroville Mayor Race
- Firefighters Replace Family's American Flag
- Man tries to stab firefighter
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico
- Ellen Show Rewards Calfire Firefighter
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Farmers Offer Ponds For Firefighting
- Redding Firefighter injured while battling Thomas Fire