Chico, Calif. - The 2nd Annual Christmas in July Toy Run takes place Saturday, July 21st. Motorcycle riders are encouraged to take part, to raise money and gift cards to benefit Butte County children in foster care.
The group behind the effort has been organizing the Butte County Toy Run at Christmas for 31 years as a way to collect gifts for the children who find themselves in the foster care system through no fault of their own. Unlike the event during the holidays, toys will not be collected this time as there is no place to store them. Instead, participants are asked to donate $5 and a gift card.
The proceeds are used for things like clothing, paying fees for sports activities, and prom ... the "extras" that are not budgeted for through Child Protective Services.
Registration for Saturday's ride is from 8:30 - 10 a.m. at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, 2357 Fair Street. After a nice ride around Butte County the event wraps up at Calvary Chapel of Paradise. Coffee and Donuts are available at the start, and free food is available at the church.
Event T-Shirts are also available, plus a 50/50 raffle. You can call (530) 893-1918 for more information. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/buttecountytoyrun.
- Christmas in July Toy Run to benefit Children in Foster Care
- Butte County Toy run is Saturday
- Butte County Toy Run is Saturday
- Same-sex penguin couple cares for foster egg
- Santa Breakfast benefits children with Autism
- Foster Agency Collects Bikes for Kids at Christmas
- Christmas in July for fire survivors
- Fantasy Fun Run to Benefit Caper Acres
- Biggs Rancher Hosts Christmas Benefit for Camp Fire Evacuees
- Breakfast with Santa Benefits Little Red Hen Children's Program