OROVILLE - Hundreds gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Chinese New Year in Oroville.
For more than 40 years, the Chinese Temple and Museum Complex on Broderick Street in Oroville has been hosting a New Year celebration.
On Sunday they celebrated the year of the dog.
Guests were treated to refreshments, good luck gifts and entertainment by the north valley in-tune music foundation.
The Oroville Chinese Temple Complex traces its roots all the way back to the 1860s.
"The Chinese Temple you're looking at with the 10 rooms is unique in the United States of America, you won't find anything like it anywhere else, so why not celebrate being unique,” said Jan Clay, the event organizer.
Clay said she looks forward to next year's celebration which will be the year of the pig.
- Chinese Temple and museum host 'New Year' celebration
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at Oroville's Chinese Temple
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday
- Chinese New Year in the North State
- Chico Airport and Air Museum host fly-in
- Chico couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- Marysville Peach Festival celebrates 20th year
- New Chinese Tariffs Could Impact Local Farmers
- Celebrating Snow!
- Celebration Gospel Choir's Juneteenth celebration