Oroville, Calif. -- Tong Fong Low has been around in Oroville for 106 years. Action News Now stopped by to learn how are they are celebrating Chinese New Year.
"We started in 1912. We are the second family that has started this since 1912," said Louisa Louie, owner of Tong Fong Low.
Louie said her restaurant has adapted to customers' tastes over the years and credits her restaurant's longevity to this. She is celebrating the new year with her family at the restaurant.
"For the first day of the new year, we would have vegetarian dishes in the family. We will typically have chicken or pork," said Louie.
On the Chinese zodiac calendar, 2018 is the year of the dog, which signifies loyalty.
"I wish everybody have good health this year and happiness for the new year," said Louie.
- Chinese New Year in the North State
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at Oroville's Chinese Temple
- Chinese tire maker picks North Carolina site for major plant
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday
- Chinese Temple and museum host 'New Year' celebration
- North State Halloween Costumes
- North State Parent Magazine Celebrates 25 Years at Patrick Ranch
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- North state residents seeking citizenship