Chinese New Year 2018 "The Year of the Dog" will be celebrated at the Chinese Temple and Museum in Oroville from Noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, February 18th.
The Oroville Chinese Temple Complex dates back to the 1860's when there were hundreds of thousands of Chinese living and working in the city, during the gold rush. There are actually three separate temples in the complex, which is the only one of its kind in the country. It's located at 1500 Broderick Street, next to the Feather River levee.
The Chinese New Years Celebration is FREE, with refreshments and New Year good luck gifts. There will be tours provided by docents, and a demonstration of the ancient art of calligraphy. There will also be music by the North Valley In-Tune Music Foundation.
For more information call the City of Oroville Parks Department at (530) 538-2401 or visit www.cityoforoville.org.
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at Oroville's Chinese Temple
- Chinese Temple and museum host 'New Year' celebration
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Kwanzaa Celebration Planned in Oroville
- Oroville woman celebrates 100th birthday
- New York New Year's Eve celebration in Oroville
- Chinese New Year in the North State
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting Incident Reported in Oroville
- Community celebrates Salmon Festival in Oroville